POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines
From: Sander
Date: 26 Jan 2000 13:21:14
Message: <388f3b1a@news.povray.org>
Gee, Bob, you are quick like uncle Ken!

I regard this as a good starting point for an explanatory text file. May I
use your setup?
I just announced that I want to have the ability to use several scenes with
different names. That comes first.
As I said: it's fun when it does what you want it to do!
--
Regards,
Sander

Bob Hughes <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> schreef in
berichtnieuws 388f371d@news.povray.org...
> Me?  Write a FAQ?  You're asking for trouble... and serious confusion.
>   Well there isn't really all that much to CMpeg, at least if you just
want the
> default encoding.  The Win CMpeg4 front-end to CMpeg is easier still to
use.
>   On the DOS command-line it might look like this:
>
>  cmpeg -v0t0d0m0f2 ipb.ctl input%03d.tga output.mpg
>
>   "input" being the rendered frames file name prefix (name less number)
and
> "output" the animation name you give it.
>   The "%03" part is the number of digits that are in the rendered output
of
> POV-Ray, in this case anywhere from 100 to 999 frames.  The zero is the
left
> padding, i.e. 000 has a leftmost zero (instead of 100 or 200, etc.).  For
some
> reason this isn't mentioned in the documentation and it's the only way I
ever
> got it to work right.
>   Instead of doing it this way there's the file list method which is what
> Sanders utility offers to do.  It simply includes all the files to be
encoded
<snip>